Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Streaker at Chick-fil-A

We were leaving Chick-fil-A this afternoon, and as usual stopped by the cash register to get some buttermints (they are so good!). I am a little amazed to say that I ate 2 combo's today. What is UP?! (besides my weight) I was starving though. Sorry, sidetrack. Back to the buttermints. They were out, so I stooped down for 1.5 seconds to explain to Stinky Pete they did not have any. That was just enough time for me to look up and see Moose running toward the bathroom with his pants and pull-up down around his ankles, yelling, "I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!"

Luckily the place was PACKED, every table filled, and lots of giggles were erupting into the air. One lucky group got to see the show from the front side, the other caught the tail end. And here I come running in my little heels, nearly 9 months pregnant, dying laughing myself at all the hysteria. How is it that somehow even though he dropped his drawers in the middle of the restaurant I was actually really excited he was going to potty!

Sometimes I laugh that God gave me two little boys. You would think with my love of jewelry, nail polish, make-up etc...that I would be suited for a house full of girls, but I LOVE being a mama to boys. They are so funny. And they are tough. And they fully appreciate the value of a full moon.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

How funny:) I'm surprised you guys weren't arrested causing such a commotion!!!
I'll never forget one day we were talking outside at the playground after church and all of the sudden we see Andrew's bleached white, bare bottom out on the playground. I was so embarrassed.
And I totally know what you mean about the hunger. I'm starving!!! I just opened a snack bag of Sunchips and started eating them at the beginning of reading your blog post and THEY ARE ALL GONE! How did that happen and I'm still starved. There must have been only 4 chips in the whole bag!

Tricia said...

OMG! So funny! Yeah for Reed getting to that potty! I love your sense of humor about things, and that at nine month preggers you had on "little heels"! I love Chick-Fil-A. It's close to our house now, and it's a problem for me, and had it been that accessible while I was pregnant... well, I'm just afraid of how bad it would have been!!

I was so sure Ramile was out last night too. I was surprised about Chikezie. I knew he wouldn't last long, but I thought he was better than Ramile!

Anyway, yes, Brooke is my fav, and I thought she was great even though she had to start over last week! I like David too (he's my sister's fav), and obviously, you cannot help but like that little David guy too - but it hurt a little when he said he was born in 1990!

And I am quite nosey myself and get sucked into people watching everywhere I go... I wonder why they're do this or that, who they're talking to, why they're buying that, etc., etc... it drives Trav crazy!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha that is hilarious! oh reed...

The Moore's said...

So wish I could have been there to witness the whole scene...if it is anything like what I imagine, I would have been right behind you running to the little girl's room laughing so hard!

Anonymous said...

Seriously??? Anna, I love it that you love even the insane moments in your life. Have you been singing "I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss" today??? Thanks for letting me hang out with you last night. I hope you are still sane after a visit to Chucky Cheese. :)

The Rogers Family said...

By the way, I am the one who just left teh 5th comment...AMY B. I have a google name, but it wont let me do anything??? Who knows!

The Uptons said...

Priceless, what is it with boys and potty stories..every mom of a boy I know has a hilarious one. This is one of the funniest!

Anonymous said...

That kid is so crazy. Lord knows he takes after his momma.

Ellen said...

Hey Anna and Shane! I just had to comment on your blog. . .I love reading it! You are SO funny!!! I too LOVE being a mom to boys. Who'd a thunk? I didn't have the slightest idea what to do with one when Ethan came along! Now we live at the ballfield! It's so much fun!! Good luck to you and the new baby. . .I can totally relate with that as well. Aaron is already 7 1/2 months old! I was just getting his nursery ready (and decluttering the room in order to get it ready) just yesterday, or so it seems. Oh how time flies!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

PRICELESS...I told you that kids will do what they see you do at home! I would have loved to see that! But how awesome is it that he will be out of diapers in time for Jackellabeauhalle! He is a smart (but not modest) little toot! You ought to put that in the baby book he doesn't have.... ha ha!