Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Is anyone else tired?!

I'm not sure if it is because I've been working so hard around the house or what, but I am worn out! This morning I made myself run to the grocery store. I'm making Nacho Salads for dinner and Barefoot Contessa's sheet cake for dinner. My fam is coming back over to help with the fence. The cake calls for nearly 3 sticks of butter & 2 bags of chocolate chips. Needless to say, it it G-O-O-D! And good for ya!

It is amazing looking around my house right now. Last night it was perfectly picked up. Today stuff is everywhere. The littlest in our family decided to color on the walls AGAIN while I got ready this morning. The Magic Eraser worked like a charm to get it off. I bet he won't do it again. We had a little heart to heart if ya know what I mean.

Have ya'll heard of www.freecycle.org? My friend Jana told me about it. You can give stuff away to people. I posted my first thing yesterday and the girl is supposed to be coming to get it today. It was decorating magazines. After our big yard sale in April, I'm going to be giving stuff away like crazy on free cycle. It is a great way to bless people and to get rid of stuff. I read a great quote on Flylady's website yesterday:

"You can't organize clutter, you can only get rid of it!"

That is so true. Our decluttering effort is snowballing, when I get 5-10 minutes here and there, I'm just going to a drawer or shelf and tossing stuff I don't use anymore. Yesterday I had about 5 minutes so I cleaned the living room fan. Nothing fancy, just a rag and some Pledge, but it looks so much better. I like cleaning better when I don't feel like I have to do it all at once. I hope everyone is doing good today. If you live near, you should seriously come to my house tomorrow to get some cake. There will be tons left and it will be worth the trip!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

If you weren't clearly about to pop, I would beg you to come to my house and help me declutter! You are in a groove!