Saturday, March 22, 2008

Making Room Pt II

All I have to say is I have the best family ever! They are so great! We have worked and worked this weekend and it has been very productive. Today my Dad, Mom, Mamaw, Aunt Linda & Aunt Neddie came over to help Shane & I. You wouldn't believe all we accomplished so I will tell you. Sorry about posting all the to-do lists. It probably makes for very boring blog reading, but I love seeing the completed lists.
  • Shane & Papa started reconstructing the fence by cementing posts into the ground.
  • Aunt Linda & Mamaw cleaned the garage, swept, & helped organize it. It is sparkling.
  • Aunt Linda & Mamaw cleaned out our car. Amazing. If you haven't seen Mom My Ride you need to. You will get a better idea of what a blessing this was.
  • Nana cleaned our bathrooms and I don't know what she does, but they always look better when she cleans them. Same thing with her Roasts...hers is always better.
  • Nana folded laundry and put it away.
  • Nana washed our shower curtains and boy do they look nice.
  • Aunt Linda cleaned/organized our laundry room, the top of my fridge and the tupperware drawers. I never knew a laundry room could look so good.
  • I cleaned out my office and put together the nursery. This may not sound like a big deal, but trust me, that room had exploded with junk, it was BAD! The nursery is complete with the crib, clean linens, rocker, table/lamp, changing table with 3 empty baskets waiting to be filled with diapers & such.
  • Shane scalped the front yard & weedeated (sp?).
  • I fixed the lighting in our flower beds.
  • 2 boys got bathed.
  • 3 loads of laundry got washed.
  • Our stain protection warranty on our living room furniture expires tomorrow. Thursday night we cleaned every single piece and the cleaner faded the pillows. The result is we got to get new furniture and it is beautiful. We got a couch with a sleeper sofa, an over sized chair & an ottoman.
  • I hung my purses on the wall in my closet.

It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest by getting all this done. I so appreciate all the hard work my family gave on their Easter weekend to help us. We don't even deserve it all, but we are so thankful. Tomorrow we get to spend the day with our family. After lunch, we'll hunt easter eggs and sleep. Sounds pretty great to me!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

How exciting!!! I love getting things accomplished. How great of your fam to come and pitch in so much! I'm jealous of the new furniture... that will be our next big purchase... our furniture is horrible.

The Moore's said...

If you could just pass my address on to your family, I'd appreciate it. They are welcome for spring cleaning any time!

Anonymous said...

I think you motivated me...I spent all day yesterday and today swapping spring clothes for fall, washing the smell of moth balls out of the spring ones and ironing everything nice and fresh! It made me want new stuff but also thankful I have stuff to dig out of storage...if that double-mindedness makes any sense! I found a "postprego" shirt for you that will be good for transitioning! I am so glad you got so much done...family rocks!
Becke'

icthus21 said...

Can you send your fam my way?