Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

We are ringing in the New Year with the Stomach Bug. Today was my sister's 30th birthday, and right as we got to the door of Macaroni Grill, Moose got sick. My parents were very sweet and ordered To Go for us, and off we headed back home. Poor little guy. He doesn't even act sick, but he obviously is. Heartbreaking for me. He's so snugly though and I'm all over that!

Stinky Pete came in our room yesterday morning and Shane said, "Stinky, have you been eating cake?" He replied, "No, I just put some in my mouth." Stinky also spotted a sock or something under our bed and told us he saw it with his big brown eyes. What a nut.

We go to the Perintologist (fancy name for our high risk doctor) tomorrow. Funny thing is I can't remember what time our appt is so we get to be at Baptist in LR at 8:30am just in case our appt is early. We've been waiting for this day for 14 weeks. Part of me doesn't want to go because I'm scared of what he's going to say. And part of me will feel relieved after we go, just so we'll at last know something. I'm feeling lots of kicking and it is really sweet and fun.

I'll post after our appt with an update. Other than that, the only other big news is that we cleaned the house really good yesterday and that is always such a great feeling. It was getting bad. Bad as in my 3 yr old was even saying, Mom, you need to dust! I was like, buddy that is free drawing space for you, forget the Aquadoodle, just use the nighstands! I woke up yesterday and felt great. Not one thing on my body hurt and it was amazing! So we tackled the closet, the refrigerator, dusting, windexing, laundry, washed the duvet cover on the bed, the works. There is nothing like a clean house filled with the smell of Pledge, Windex and Armstrong Floor Cleaner!

We celebrated last night by having a few friends over. The party broke up by 10pm, probably because around 9pm I was toast. It is awesome getting older! Probably for the first time ever I had no desire to see the stinkin' ball drop. I was piled under clean sheets in clean pj's by 10:30pm!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm sooo jealous! I want a clean house. I did go through all of the boys old clothes and organize Parker's dresser but that's about it:)
We'll be praying for the doc visit. Hope you all feel better soon!!!

Emily said...

Praying for your visit tomorrow...