Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why I Blog

The blog craze for me began with my last pregnancy. Being very sick left me indoors for 9 months, pretty disconnected from the outside world. It was so funny to read things about other peoples lives. Your kid started freaking out in the check out line at the fabric store when you said he did not need a candy bar, oh great, mine did too. (why do they hate us and put that up there anyway? exactly) You are on a cooking strike. Great, us too. Your 2 hour diet was a complete and utter success, yippee, LOVE the 2 hour diet.


I did not start Bugs & Sunshine because of a love for writing. Laughing is one of my favorite past-times and if you laugh it's even better. Joy is a gift and I like sharing it with you. That's why my blog began. And ya know what? I love to write. This is something I have realized over the last two years.


My hope is that Bugs & Sunshine brightens your day when you stop by. Maybe you'll get a chuckle or leave encouraged in life. Maybe you'll find a new recipe you love. Maybe you will do something out of the ordinary or unexpected just to show someone you love them. Maybe you'll order a couple Aqua Globes for your fake plants to make them look more real, who knows. Maybe you'll wanna eat more chicken. The sky is the limit on what you might walk away with after reading a Bugs post.

Ecclesiastes is my very favorite book of the Bible. People say it is dark and dreary but I just love all the talk about life. Enjoying life is a gift from God. Enjoy it-you get one shot! When you walk into my home the first thing you see is my favorite quote-Enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life!

I want my blog to reflect that-enjoying life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is a huge blessing in my life! Everytime I read it I laugh or am inspired! I love ya girl!
Amanda

Jenny said...

couldn't agree more... I LOVE life!!! ENjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!!!! Of course I ALWAYS get a chuckle or 3 from reading each of your post!!! love it!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog; it is my daily dose of laughter. Thanks for making me jump on board the blog bandwagon! :)
Becke'

the Fosters said...

Some people have a gift of writing and you are one of those. You definitely have had me laughing so hard at times, I have almost cried. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

well.. it's like I said!