Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1

Well, how are you enjoying the first day of March? We are real excited over here. Have you looked at the trees today? They are getting tiny buds on them. Winter has been very noticeable to me this year. We moved into an established neighborhood which means there are a lot of trees. It is going to be very exciting to see how things come to life these next days and weeks.

So, do you want to know about our weekend? It was relaxing and fun. Friday night we made Italian Beef subs. It is my mother-in-law's recipe and it is very flavorful. I'll leave you with the recipe at the end. We put the kiddos to bed and I read decorating books and Shane played Farmville. We watched the Olympics. We enjoyed the Olympics this year.

Saturday we woke up and had my husband's famous french toast. We took the boys to get their hair cut. I made some exciting purchases this weekend that I can't wait to share with you this week. You may want to go get some new fun things too, especially when I tell you the cost was $2.50...hmmm, what ever could it be? Saturday afternoon we put the baby down and we went outside because it was so beautiful. We trimmed the crepe myrtles and burned the scraps. What is it about the smell of burning trees and leaves that smells so yummy? We love working in the yard...a cool February day with clear blues skies, it was perfect. That night we went to Olive Garden.

Sunday we went to my parents for the day. Worked outside all day. It is the best feeling to work hard outside all day then eat a good dinner (we went out for Mexican), come home, shower and fall into bed.











Italian Beef Subs
4-5 lb roast
1pkg dry Italian Seasoning
1 pkg Au Jus Sauce
1/2 jar peppercini's and juice (on pickle and olive aisle)
1 can beer
1 pkg sliced provolone cheese
12-24 dinner rolls
Spray crock pot with Pam. Add roast. Sprinkle top with Italian seasoning, Au Jus seasoning, 1/2 jar pepperocini's and juice, add 1 can of beer to the bottom of the crock pot. Cover and cook on low 10 hours. When done, shred beef with two forks. Discard any fatty looking parts. Serve on dinner rolls with a half slice of provolone cheese.
(This recipe freezes great)
(the peppers are like the kind that come in Papa John's pizza, but they are already sliced)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Mmmmmm. Those sound delish. I can't wait to try them out. Glad you had a good weekend. When we got home on Sunday from our excursion up north, I was so busy doing little things and getting irritated that Dave was playing a video game. So, I stopped being busy and read a book. I felt much better. :) I want to do more of the same tonight. Can't wait to see your pics!