- Greet your family/guests with a hug
- Have soft blankets and throws in your living room
- Place big pillows on your couches and chairs
- Arrange your living room so that it fosters good conversation. What is your focal point? TV? Window? Fireplace (jealous, ok i'm over it)? If you have a TV in an Armoire it looks really nice to keep the doors shut.
- Wash your sheets at least once a week.
- Shake your bath mats out a few times a week (outside) to fluff them up
- Hang up window mistreatments. They make a house feel much warmer and cozy.
- Open the windows and let some fresh air in. Let the ceiling fan blow the breezes through your home. (fyi I like to spray bug spray around the screen so critters don't sneak in)
- Use a bathrobe after your shower
- Pop popcorn and serve everyone's in their own brown, paper lunch sack with a canned coke (this is so cute and fun to do!)
And my favorite #59: Use the appropriate glass for your drink. Serve sweet tea in a mason jar. Serve coffee in a big mug. Put hot tea in a delicate cup. Spoil those you love by serving them in pretty glasses with cute little napkins or coasters.
Little special touches really do start adding up-Be creative.