Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Move that bus!

Here are pictures of what our old living room looked like before a gallon of paint and some window mistreatments...
The throw pillows were one's I allready had and they just got a make-over. As bad as I will miss the aztec stuff that came with our couch pillows, I'm coping...

The table topper on this table is pretty bold but I automatically LOVED it when I saw it. Yes, it is pink striped toile. My man had a pink striped toile table in his house, don't tell....and thanks for voting for the picture grouping, I took your advice and went with the first option.

The dining room mistreatments made me nervous but I loved this floral linen and it was on Clearance at Hancock's for 50% off. It has a blueish green background.

The living room mistreatments are yellow and cream stripe silk from Hobby Lobby. We hung all the rods high and wider than the actual window to get the most light and make the window look bigger. Ooops, that cord on the armoire snuck out again, shame on you. And a large Vanilla DP from Sonic on the ottoman is always a nice touch. Yea.

Boys mistreatments-those are $3 Red tab top panels on clearance from Wal-Mart-they also had light pink and light purple. I cut a shower curtain liner in half and hung it on the $2 cheap rod to darken the room at naptime. Used the $1 clear rings to hang it and everything.

I will just tell you that I found Nester's website and after listening to her talk started to believe that maybe just maybe I could do all the things I love about decorating magazines in my own home. It has been such a neat process to cozy up my home and let the fears of "doing it wrong or messing up" go. You may laugh but I have talked to God more about fabric the last couple weeks than ever and it's been fun.

And here's a free tip if you want to do something fun and spring like for your house today. Invite someone over for dinner this week. Call people by name when they come into your home, it creates a welcoming effect. Serve lemonade in the good glasses. Run a lemon wedge around the top of the glass, dip it in some sugar and you have sugar rimmed lemonade glasses. So cheerful and fun.

16 comments:

Samantha said...

I LOVE it all - so fun! You are getting me in the mood to decorate my house, and I don't get to move in for another five months!

The Nester said...

I adore you! Adding this post to the Nest Files!

Jenny said...

WonDERFUL!! I LOVE it!!

Anonymous said...

It all looks amazing! Job well done! The picture arrangement looks so good....give props to Shane for all the picture hanging. It is so warm, cozy, and I think I can hear your whistling teapot beckoning... Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Anna,
You did great, girl! I'm impressed, and you have certainly proven it doesn't take thousands of dollars to make your home pretty, warm and cozy, and very inviting. What day can I come for sugar-rimmed lemonade?
Barb

stephy said...

Okay I'm cracking up about window mistreatments! That's what I'm gonna call them from now on! We have similar colors in our house, I think yours looks cozier though. I will have to copy from you to improve that.

the Fosters said...

What a change a little paint can do? It looks wonderful and inviting! I am sure you feel so good to have that finished. Thanks for the tips.

Anonymous said...

Hey babe! I am so thrilled about the way our home has become a place of rest and peace. Thank you for investing so much time, effort and patience into it.

Thanks for mistreating our windows they deserved it. I am thinking about mistreating a bag of doughnuts in our new kitchen right now.

I love you so much...

p.s. This better not be nesting as a precursor for having another baby...otherwise everything is going back to Hobby Lobby and Hancocks.

:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Alison said...

LOVE IT!

Becke' said...

OH MY GOODNESS! The Nester (inspiration lady herself) POSTED ON YOUR BLOG! Have you had a heartattack yet?! Seriously, your home looks amazing and even "feels" better than it looks! Way to go woman!

Anonymous said...

WOW E ZOWEE!!!! You have got your grove on HONEY.

That just looks sooooo inviting, and the fragrance of the Trapp Orange Vanilla Candle just adds that perfect finishing touch :)!!!

Great job - your home looks like a place where people want to come and hang out, which is exactly what it is.

I'm really proud of you -

Love Ya OHSOMUCH -

Y'Mama

ummmmmmmm did "HE" really mention another BABY???? ha

Anonymous said...

Amazing! is all i can say. If you need a blank slate to fill your time head on over to the Smith household. We need a lot of mistreatment. Love Ya girl and can't wait to see it in person. Oh, and you have reached status girl--the Nest files!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Your house is looking gorgeous! And I love the tips for having people over, too.

Great job!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

You have done an amazing job! You know how much I love making a home your own and then sharing it. You have done just that. GREAT JOB!!!
Alicia

heather said...

Another shout out from the Nester! You're a rock star!!! LOVE the new decor! Plus, the wall color is fab!