Thursday, March 26, 2009

She Speaks!

Proverbs 31 Ministry is hosting a women's conference called She Speaks. They are offering a blogger scholarship to one person. For more information about the scholarship opportunity click here. For more information about the amazing training you can get click here.

If you are in women's ministry or are a writer or a speaker or want to be you should check it out. It looks like an amazing opportunity. I was not familiar with the conference. When I read about all the topics covered my heart started getting giddy. I mean, I felt like I was in Old Navy getting giddy over all the argyle and plaid that has me walking on sunshine. I felt like an announcement was made to make every day a Clinique Bonus Day. I felt like I just saved a bundle on my insurance by swithing to Geico. I WAS HAPPY! I was thinking Arby's. It was good. Go check it out. You want to be happy don't you?

I would be all over this conference like white on rice.

If I won the scholarship it would be an honor to thank the academy.

If I won the scholarship I might be able to meet Nester in person and not feel like a blog stalker because then we'd be real life, official friends.

If I won the scholarship it will be a tool God will use to clarify some directions and passions he has placed in my heart...like writing, speaking, and speaking truth to women.

I always assumed teaching and leading women through Bible studies was my main calling, but I don't know. I love writing on my blog. Love it. And I love, love, love the Word of God. One of the perks of this season of life I am in is the freedom to spend plenty of time each day in the Word. I can spend 3 hours if I want and it's a joy. Just give the kiddies some Benadryl to extend their nap time and I can get in my chair with my pen & Bible and go to town! I am kidding about the Benadryl. Geesh. What kind of show do you think we're running around here?

"LET US CONTINUALLY OFFER TO GOD A SACRIFICE OF PRAISE-THE FRUIT OF LIPS THAT CONFESS HIS NAME" HEB 13:15

"OUR LORD JESUS, THAT GREAT SHEPHERD OF THE SHEEP WILL EQUIP YOU WITH EVERYTHING GOOD FOR DOING HIS WILL." HEB 13:21

"O LORD, OPEN MY LIPS, AND MY MOUTH WILL DECLARE YOUR PRAISE." PS 51:15

"MAY THE FAVOR OF THE LORD REST UPON US; ESTABLISH THE WORK OF OUR HANDS FOR US-YES, ESTABLISH THE WORK OF OUR HANDS." PS 90:17

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh man, that conference sounds awesome! Especially since my dream is to one day write a book...

And yes, Anna, you did fall asleep in the chair, you little druggie ;) I hope that you are feeling better and able to lay off the Nyquil a little. I do have to tell you, though, that you were a little bit kooky. Not ridiculous, but a little more than you normally are...

I really did enjoy spending time with you and talking, though. You are a blessing in my life!

And this was probably the longest comment EVER. Just saying.

Nic said...

Shoot...I use the Benadryl trick all the time..J/K....Not that the thought hasn't crossed my mind though!!

Savannah said...

Anna! Can we nominate you? I for one would love to hear you speak. You crack me up anyway!

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Praying for your dream and wishing you luck in the contest!