Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Somewhere Over The Rainbow...

skies are blue...

We are preparing to possibly have to evacuate our house because of flooding. I've got baby stuff packed up and am trying to let the kids sleep. Part of our home is sandbagged and the fire dept. is calling me when they get more in.

The Today show is on so we can watch the weather and I am reminded once again why I have stopped watching morning TV. It irritates me when I see all the idiots and their opinions in the world. (how rude of me does that sound)

Geesh.

People are so passionate about their political opinions.

It makes me wander if they spend even a fourth of the time praying for the nominations as they do speaking boldly about their opinions (i'm talking about the people on tv here). Maybe if I knew the people personally it would make a difference because I'd know where they were coming from. I'm just having a hard time hearing perfect strangers chime in on their views.

(***I just deleted a lot of comments so I wouldn't be like the people who have been irritating me this morning, but let me say Shane is so excited that I've jumped onto a bandwagon. Do you like my red bandanna?!***)

Thankfully the lady promoting her new veggie peeler is on now so we can get off Sarah Palin and the stay at home mom's chiming in on the expectations this is putting on them.

All this irritation in my heart about the news has made me realize I am not praying for the elections like I ought to be. It's a big year. It's a big deal who wins.

Romans 13:1 says that "All authorities that exist have been established by God."

Prov 21:1 says that "The Kings heart is in the hands of the Lord, he directs it like a watercourse wherever He pleases."

I'm going to try to start praying more for this election of November 2008.

Sorry for a venting post. Those are usually not the most fun to read. This weather is reeking havoc on my hair. Hopefully my hacienda won't be floating away. If you see it passing by, take a moment to give it some props! You know, a shout out. And if our tomato garden is with it, feel free to take any maters that may still be hanging on for dear life!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I'll be praying for you and your house today!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Oh, my goodness! I'll be praying for y'all, too. And I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Wendy (Thibault) Kane. I went to Hendrix with your husband and David & Jennifer Felio. I found your blog through Jennifer's and I've been reading it the last few months. You are hilarious! I hope this rain stops just short of your doorstep!

The Uptons said...

I am praying for you guys and your home. What stress! I am so with you on the TV and politics thing. I too think it is important, but goodness, I wonder what these people must be like at home!