Monday, November 25, 2013

Nursery

OK. So having a baby is one thing. But having a baby with Pinterest in my life is an entirely different entity.  My mindset on adding this little bundle of joy to our lives has been pretty laid back.  We literally sold the last bit of baby things 2 weeks before I got pregnant.  I've joked with friends that we will get this little love a pack-n-play, diapers, onesies and we will be good to go.

We keep things super trimmed down around these parts.  It is the reason we can wait to find out what we're having.  But oh my heavens.  Something came over me Friday.  Oh, I know what it was.  I got to have lunch with a friend and then go to Hobby Lobby and help her pick out Christmas décor.  It is so much fun shopping with and for someone else.  That totally got me in the decorating mood.

So since Friday, I have been in decorating mode in my head.  I mean, after all, this little love is going to need a room.  Today I am sharing some of my favorite finds so far from the wonderful land we call Pinterest.


I love the cozy feel of the nursery above.  The right lamp can make or break the ambiance of a room, and this room has got it going on.  The khaki walls and aqua accents would be perfect for a boy or girl.  You can score white sheer curtains for $5 a panel at Fred's.  Jute string hung on the wall for monogrammed letters-easy way to fill up wall space.


I cannot explain how much I love this lamp.  I love it with a thousand loves.  I've never met a lamp I liked better than this one.  I would sell my right arm to have it in my nursery.  It is the sweetest thing I've ever seen.  And, I couldn't find it on the website.  I hate my life.  Just kiddin!  But Oh that lamp.  Is it just me or do you love it with a thousand loves as well?


This last picture.  I believe my exact words were, "Please excuse me while I have a heart attack."  10 years ago when I was creating a nursery that would go for a boy or girl it was all yellow and green in our world.  Today I would totally make a blue room be girly too.  The cream and burlap accents are precious.  The bird topped chandelier is the perfect addition.

My biggest question to think through is which room to make the nursery.  We have two options.  The man cave (which is a for real bedroom with a closet) or the prayer room (which is an office with no closet but has lots of charm...bay window and French doors). 

The man cave has a sectional couch in it.  The boys love the idea of putting the sectional in their bedroom.  How cool would that be to have a couch in your bedroom.  The boys are going to make a coffee table with their dad that will have a removable top to house the Lego's.  The top of the table will be a Lego work space.

I'm also toying with the idea of getting a sewing machine for Christmas.  I have some hunter green yard sale chairs that need slip covers.  I've wanted to learn how to slip cover furniture for a long time now.

Decorating is so much fun.  Tonight the plan is to grab a spiral notebook from the schoolroom and start putting my ideas on paper.  Between thinking about decorating and planning for Christmas gifts, I've been busy.  The super fun kind of busy.  This post pretty much seals the deal.  7pm bedtimes for the boys and a pot of decaf coffee for the grown-ups.  I've got some planning to do!

No comments: