Thursday, December 13, 2012

Seated

I ran by her house for just a minute to pick something up.  The atmosphere of her house has stayed with me days later.  What did I walk into?  A mother seated on the couch with her family watching a Christmas movie by tree light.

Remnants of cookies and milk on the coffee table.  A kitchen that still had the dinner dishes left for later.  And a mom who stopped to enjoy her family.

She knows the value of making time for the important.  She loves a tidy house same as me and you, but she also knows when to stop.  Lay it down for the important.

Keep seeking the things above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.  Even our Savior is seated.  His work is complete and He is seated.  Not running around flustered, but seated.

We can stay seated all day everyday in our hearts if we'll allow it.

And we can physically stop and slow down, if we'll allow ourselves.

Plan ahead or deny yourselves.  My motto these days.  Would I be willing to deny myself something I want in order for something greater?  Would you?

Colossians 3:1

No comments: