Monday, December 10, 2012

I Hate You

Dear Pinterest,

I hate you.  I mean, most days I really, really love you but today is not that day.

I got out of my chair last night for you.  It was 9:30 at night for Pete's Sake.  I was settled into my comfy chair and life was good.  It was me and my Peppermint Bark.  I reshampooed my hair for you Pinterest and you led me astray.  This is not the first time this has happened.

It was all in the name of a loosely tousled beach wave.  I followed your directions to a T.  Shampoo, comb, part hair into, braid both sides, take two Tylenol and call me in the morning.

A little unsure of the Pippi Longstockingish nature I took on, I emerged from the bedroom to face my husband who was watching football.  He did a double take and I proudly announced I was creating loosely tousled beach waves.

He said something about wanting to loosely tousle my wave.  You better be glad mother nature gave me a get out of jail free card or you would really be in trouble.

This morning I woke full of anticipation and wonder.  Excitedly I unwound the two braids.  Bye Bye Pippi Hello Baywatch.  Just about that time the scary music started playing.  I looked like a mix between someone in a horror film and the child from the 80's who just got her first crimping iron Christmas morning.

Pinterest I know you think my life is all smothered hashbrowns and late night Waffle House runs but I was in my chair with chocolate for heaven's sake and it was 9:30 at night.

Is it so much to ask for gorgeous hair with zero effort?

Yours,
Z

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

It's a good thing I didn't have a drink in my mouth, my screen would have had a shower. Hilarious (as usual, my friend)!