Monday, December 3, 2012

J.R. Ewing


I just had to run in for two creamers.  The Enquirer on the end cap caught my eye.

J.R. Ewing died.

Putting my creamer on the conveyor belt I said out loud, "I can't believe it, J.R. died."

"What?"  the checker girl asked.

"J.R.  From Dallas.  The show in the 80's, he died."

"I have no idea what you're talking about.  I was born in the 90's.  Do you have your Kroger plus card?" (spoken in her best Valley girl accent with no breath in between words)

Keying in my alternate ID because no I don't have my card on me thankyouverymuch, the words sank in.

She had no idea what I was talking about.  She was born in the 90's.

I walked out to my mini-van and was in deep thought the entire three minute ride home.

J.R's gone.

We watched him every Friday night growing up while eating Taco Bell.

I hope Sue Ellen's OK.

No comments: