Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ministry, Feet, Fire


These are pictures of a wreck that I drove upon minutes after it happened this week. A gas truck wrecked and exploded. I could see the black, dark cloud in the sky as I drove down the interstate, but could not tell what was happening. Then, I rounded a corner and saw these huge flames shooting into the sky. I was scared. Driving toward this scene and toward the fire was one of the scariest things I have ever seen.

This week we studied Exodus 24 in Bible Study. In this passage Moses gets a glimpse of the glory of God. To Moses the glory of God looked like a "pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself." To the Israelites at the bottom of the mountain it looked like a consuming fire on top of the mountain.


Here's the interesting part to me. God did not show Moses all of what he looked like. Moses got a glimpse, and it was a glimpse of the bottom of his feet. The glory and magnificence was brilliant. To some it looked like sparkling sapphires and to some it looked like a consuming fire.

Sunday at church our pastor asked us what our ministry in the church is right now. My main role in life right now is serving. I was telling Shane I don't feel very valuable these days. Then God showed me that feet, which are usually covered and generally speaking one of the ugliest, dirty parts on a person could be valuable and beautiful.

1 comment:

In His Army said...

I found your blog through Jana's and have enoyed reading! Ours is private but would love to invite you if you'd like to email me at mmj04@alltel.net and I will send an invitation to your email.