Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Weight Watchers

If you sign up for 14 weeks, you save $1.50 per week on meetings.  My 14 weeks ended yesterday.  The program works, it is good.  I like that I get to eat what I want.  My choices are my decision and that was helpful for me.  If we had a birthday party or plans to go out to dinner on the weekend, I ate healthier during the week to save my points for when I really wanted them.

After a lot of thinking, I'm 99.9% sure I am going to wait until the first of the year to re-join.  My goal is to make Lifetime Membership.  That means when you hit your goal weight you attend 6 more meetings.  If you maintain that weight for 6 weeks you are a Lifetime Member.

The reason I am not re-joining right now is because of where the next 9 weeks fall.  The holidays!  During those weeks I am not going to be looking to loose, I'm going to be looking to maintain.  I didn't want to be paying for weight loss when 5 out of the next 9 weeks my goals are different.  My goals will be to enjoy the celebrations and maintain my 19 pound weight loss.

If I start to gain then I'm going to go ahead and go back to meetings, even if it means before the first of the year.

In the meantime, my plan is to weigh in with my friend.  If I loose weight I get to pay myself $12 (the cost of a mtg).  If I gain or stay the same, I don't get the $12.  This is for the next 9 weeks and my plan is to start back up with official meetings the second week in January so that I can hit my goal of Lifetime Membership.

I still need the accountability, I just didn't want to be giving the $12 away each week for maintaining.

3 pounds of gain is my flag that it is time to go back to meetings.  That's the plan Stan.  I worked so hard to loose my weight and I reeeealllly do not want to gain it back-holidays or not.  I'm just going to see if over the next 9 weeks I can do it at home.

Wish me carrot sticks luck!

No comments: