Monday, November 12, 2012

8:24pm

You know you're getting old when the phone rings at 8:24pm and you look at each other startled, mumbling something about who could be calling at this hour.

Are you as tired as me?  That time change just about did me in, I'm tuckered out.  Plum tuckered out that is.

So I've been wearing my Gingerbread socks.  I really wear them year round, under boots and whatnot.  They are ugly as sin but make me so happy.  They fit better than most.  Snug and right.

We decked the halls last weekend.  I figured I best not show you the finished pics because I don't want you to get angry with me.  That can be sensitive business, posting tree pics before the turkey.  I know some of ya'll out there are passionate about it so I'm respecting the turkey.  Plus I'm too lazy to get the camera out and upload the pics.

It turned out all right, the decorating.  After some tweaking, I love it.  I'll give ya a hint.  Old white window.  Red wreath.  Burlap trimmings.  Pops of red here and there.  And then of course the obscene show of glitter.  The more glitter the merrier I always say.

I'm learning how to take advantage of the library.  But in a good way.  I'm trying to reform my ways.  No more having 16 library books that are a month overdue.  No more getting kicked out 'cause we too loud.  I'm trying to change my ways.  I just reserved 11 books online.  No make that 12, I just re-remembered one to add to the list.  If all goes well they'll be ready for me for pick up manana.  Do you like how I just threw that Espanol right in the middle of the library talk?

And while we're on the subject, who knew purple Now & Later's were so dang good?  I'm like an addict.  I didn't realize it, but we got crappy candy this year to give out at Halloween.  It wasn't intentional.  It felt strategic.  Biggest bag for least amount of money.  We should've known.  We had a whole big bowl left over.  Anyways, those Now and Later's, the purple one's, whew, they good.

Can you tell we've been watching Duck Dynasty re-runs tonight.  I got my redneck talk on.

Well, She Gone.



3 comments:

Gretchen said...

You make me laugh. Out loud.
She gone. So hysterical!!!

Kim Tallent said...

I love your blog! You make me laugh!! Thanks for being so real and honest!! Miss seeing you. Maybe I'll run into you at BSF sometime soon. :-)

Sunshine said...

This is the best!!!!