Wednesday, March 14, 2012

List Recipes



If there is one thing I want to be it is prepared.  If you stop by unexpectedly for a visit, I want to be able to ask you to stay for dinner.  I want to be able to share a fun drink and snack with you while we chat.  Today's post is Part 2 of talking about having a well- stocked pantry.  (You can click here to read Part 1)

After you get your pantry organized you get to do the fun part!
You get to make a list!  I know, it's getting too exciting!  Jot down what kind of recipes your family likes that has ingredients you could keep on hand all the time.  For example, my homemade spaghetti sauce calls for 3 cans of tomato paste plus some spices.  I can keep 3 cans of tomato paste, pasta and Parmesan on hand and we'd always be able to have a great Italian dinner.  We have a killer awesome Chili recipe.  Again, with some canned goods, spices and frozen meat we'd have the fixin's for a great dinner.
In my next post I will share my list of staples I came up with.  Your list may look different than mine and that is OK.  Once you make a list of some dishes you always have ingredients for, post it to the inside of your pantry.

 
So your homework today is to write down the names of some meals that don't necessarily require fresh produce.  In other words, you could have all the ingredients on hand at all times to pull from the pantry/fridge/freezer.

Categories to think about include:  Main Dishes, Sides, Bread Options, Desserts, Drinks, Snacks, did I mention Dessert? :)

No comments: