Saturday, November 22, 2008

Crafty girl I am not.

But, I got this idea off of a blog and had to try it. Isn't it cute? You scrapbookers probably recognize it, but I hung (er, scotch taped) paper on the back of my cabinet. Here are some feathers I got for my Christmas garland, but until we decorate I stuck it in this vase and I kinda like it...

This thing, I dunno what it is. I bought it about 6 years ago in Maine. It may be a fancy tea towel. To make it hang on the wall, I hot glued a piece of faux wood blind we had leftover. Well, when I did that the hot glue made this orangy stain on the top, so it has been stashed away because I didn't know what to do with it. When I rearranged the other day I found it again. Shane hates me and wanted me to "throw that ugly thing away." I told him he needed to represent and I most certainly would not. I had one piece of paper left over and I think it turned out cute. The permanent solution for this top with be some fringe, just haven't found it yet.

I shopped the house and put our lamps by our bed here. It fills in the space much better, and it was FREE. Sorry the lighting in the pics are so bad, I didn't feel like going back to redo.
I made a mean pot of potato soup for dinner. It was delish. I'm about to run these boys through the car wash so they'll be fit for church tommorow. Hope ya'll all have a great day of worship! I'll leave you with a picture of the first Christmas decoration we have put up...


2 comments:

Becke' said...

Ah, such cuteness! I can hardly stand it. I really love the paper in the hutch and the feathered up weed...I mean bulrushes...I mean wheat stalks...well, ya know! See ya tomorrow sista!

Paige said...

love the paper in the hutch! you ARE crafty.