I wish you could come to my meetings with me. It is so dang funny. Ladies with water bottles. Ziplocks filled with fresh fruit because heaven forbid we get caught hungry while we are out and about.
And gum. Oh the gum. Folks chewing gum like their lives depended on it.
I was a little nervous about stepping on the scale.
We ate good pizza this weekend. Birthday cake and ice cream, twice. I had pie. Saturday morning I went to Panera with ladies from church and had a cinnamon crunch bagel with hazelnut cream cheese and a mocha. One night I made burgers and fries and another night we ate Pioneer Woman's beef and bean enchiladas.
All that to say, we ate really well this week and I enjoyed myself.
There was even a little impromptu surprise last night. After church Shane surprised us all with a trip to Marble Slab for ice cream. Uh-Oh I thought as I jumped for joy! This might kill any chances of weight loss for me.
So, are you curious? Do you think I ate real food, enjoyed the celebrations, and gained weight or do you think I was able to loose? Well, I'm not tellin.
Heh Heh Heh, I'm playing with you. Mean old joker, geesh.
I am a looser.
2 pounds to be exact.
I can't even believe it. I'm so stinking excited I was able to loose weight in the midst of real life. For whatever reason, WW is the only thing I have found that works for me. So, here are a handful of ways last week looked different than before I started WW.
- Monday I planned my week on my tracker. I looked ahead and thought about times I would be eating away from home/celebrations/etc. This helped me mentally prepare for when to use my extra 49 points for the week.
- Each night I planned what I wanted to eat for the next day. This was AWESOME. It was sort of like online shopping. Sort of. But come to think of it, not really. It made me happy anyway, to know the next day I would be eating real food.
- I view my 26 daily points like money. You have to spend all 26 in order to loose. You get to choose how you want to spend them. It is like a game for me. Fruits/veggies are free.
- My breakfast each morning was fruit. First I enjoy my coffee and cream. Then I ate an orange most mornings. Later on I'd eat a banana. Around 11 I'd toast some bread and make a great looking turkey sandwich with a pickle on the side. Dinner each night was real food (as in things I normally make-spaghetti, burgers, etc...).
- Normally I don't eat breakfast. I know, I know...bad girl. After I got going last Monday, I woke up every day hungry and ready to eat.
- Since I don't know who reads this, I'm not going into detail about this next part, but let's just say fruit/veggies are very fiber filled. Good material to talk with your Grandma about.
- I have felt really good this week. There is really no reason I should be grumpy over the fact that upping my salad, fresh fruit, fresh veggie intake gives me energy, but it sort of does irritate me.
- It goes back to the chocolate covered potato chips labeled "crack" that I pinned before Christmas. Why can't that be the life giving food?
- Counting points makes me want to eat at home more. Going out to eat can be stressful when you are trying to loose weight. Here's a good example for you. Taco Bueno. Pretty much my home away from home. My beloved nacho salad is 28 points. 2 crunchy tacos, 10 points. You know how you hear folks who have lost weight talk about making different choices (
and it makes you want to punch them in the face)? This is a prime example. I could have had the nacho salad today, so why did I choose the tacos? I chose tacos today because we're going out to eat for dinner and it is only Monday. Personally, I like to save my extra points for later in the week.
- You should also know I didn't exercise. Hallaluer!