Monday, December 5, 2011

School Closed Due To Rain

We shut school down today.   It's raining.  We just couldn't.

And we slept till 9am.  The result of being out the last two nights Christmas Party-ing it up with friends. 
We have a third night in a row Christmas party tonight.  So I have pre-game hair.  Washed.  Dried.  Not fixed.  Because I'm taking a nap today.  Pre-game nap.  I got my pre-game roast on.  I'm bringing a Chicken Pot Pie for my dish (if you click on the link, I'm going the Betty Crocker version tonight, it's the tastiest and please don't judge me for the horrible pictures).
I got to talk to my friend who lives a long way way for awhile today.  That's always fun.  The kids yell and scream while I try to carry on a conversation.  I bribe them with candy to buy me a couple more minutes.

They're having a lunch of pizza and popcorn while they listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks radio on Pandora.  Why did I let them talk me into creating that station again?  Oh yeah, I'm nuts, that's why.

You know it's Monday and that laundry is whirling away.  I almost had another Vanishing Load experience like last week, but I caught it just in the nick of time.

My Blogspot is different-is yours?  I played around with my page.  I wanted it to be easy to read.  Is the old version easier or is this?

Happy rainy Monday to you and yours.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

This one is easier to read. And it's very Christmas-y. And I love that you had a rain out school day. Sometimes those are necessary. :)

Gretchen said...

Yes! I like the new look ... easier to read!
Love, love love the rockin' pj's! So adorable.
The word picture peeking from behind the tree has my curiosity. Can you show and tell?
Enjoy your falalalaing! What a party crowd you are!