Friday, November 11, 2011

Treasure

11-11-11

I've been so excited for today to get here.  A rare day.  The same number straight across the board.  It got me excited.  I've been wandering for awhile what kind of things will unfold on this unique day.  This morning I've been on a treasure hunt and I wanted to share it with you.

"The Bible refers to the occupants of our hearts as "treasure."

The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil.  Luke 6:45

"The word for 'treasure' in the original language is the same one used to describe what was inside the chest the wise men in Matthew 2 carried.  The reason they were able to pull such fine gifts from it to present to Jesus was because those were the treasures they had placed there." 
(taken from The Resolution for Women, Shirer)

Have you ever made the comparison?  Until this morning I had not.


Treasure
Riches
Wealth
Anything laid up in store
Treasury
The place where treasures are kept
Storehouse of the mind where thoughts, feelings or counsels are laid up
A chest or box in which precious things are kept
Royal treasure
A special room in the women's court in the temple in which gold and silver bullion were kept
Abundance
Surplus
Storage house or room

Do you know where all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden?  Do you know the place where you can find full assurance and understanding?  I'm not talking about the everyday, mundane stuff that carries no value. 


I'm talking about the good stuff.  The fine stuff.  The stuff that makes your life something refined, cultivated, exquisite.  Set apart.  Valuable.  The thing that brings the finest beauty to your days.  Do you know how to get to the good stuff so that the treasure in your heart holds the rarest, timeless, most valuable treasures?

Come to the table.

Poverty and all.

Sin covered attitudes.

It's OK.

He invites you to come and sit awhile.

Your place is set.

He is waiting for you.

(Colossians 2:3, Luke 6:45, Matthew 2:11)

1-3 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.

4 Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
I'm not afraid
when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
makes me feel secure.

5 You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

6 Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life.

Psalm 23

No comments: