Monday, November 21, 2011

Cooking This Week

Last night I settled onto the couch under my blanket.  Football game on, special lighting lit (don't want to say too much in case you feel strongly about not having twinkly lights turned on before you eat the turkey), and my cookbooks in hand.  The list is made for the week and I hope you can come join us because the menu is smokin' hot.

First on the list, Martha's Sky High Cranberry Apple Pie.  5 POUNDS of apples.  That sounds like a fine start to me.  The jury's still out on if I'm going to make my own Pate Brisee or if I'm just going to let Pillsbury make my crusts.
For Thankgiving, I'm going to see if I can sweet talk my friend Tiffny into sharing her Stuffed French Toast recipe.  Man oh day is it melt in your mouth delish, and it smells amazing baking.  Yes, baked Stuffed French Toast, that's what I'm talking about.  I'm pretty sure this is our new Thanksgiving breakfast.  Hopefully I'll get to share the recipe with you later this week.  Stuffed French Toast and a parade sound like the perfect combination to me.

Rachel Ray's Broken Spaghetti and Mini Meatball Stoup will be making an appearance on our table.

And last but not least, oh, the cake that from the moment I saw it knew I'd have to tackle one day, Martha's 6 Layer Salted Caramel Cake.  Shut up, I know.


Cheers to pants with elastic waists!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I gained 5 lbs. just reading that!! YUM!!!

Jennifer said...

Apple cranberry pie here, too! Cook's Illustrated, though. And orange-glazed sweet potatoes, and David's smoking the turkey. My mom is doing the rest. Have you tried the Baked French Toast recipe I use? Don't know how it stacks up to Tiffny's, but it sure makes the morning easy because you make it the night before and bake it that morning. http://jennifer.felio.org/?p=217

Gretchen said...

I am SO making that pie! I've never met a pie I didn't like, well except for meat pie. That picture makes my mouth water!

Hail the elastic waist pants!!