Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Office Hours


Schedule. A plan for performing work or achieving an objective.

Are schedules as hard for you as they are for me?

This lady has not been doing a good job managing her time.

My days seem to slip out of my hands too quickly. It gets so frustrating. My natural DNA is anti-plan/schedule. My natural DNA wants to play instead of work. Let's have people over. That is what is usually on the forefront of my mind.

In His sense of humor, God has decided that this season for me would include staying home raising boys and teachin' them school. It is interesting because TV is not the main culprit of time wasting in our home. It is my lack of planning/scheduling that allows our days to slip away. It is a stretching thing for me to maintain some semblance of routine. But painful as it is, it must be learned and executed on my part. Boo. Boo hoo hoo.


One area we've grown into getting better at is a 6:00pm cut-off time for house work/laundry/cleaning. The goal is for us to be sitting down for dinner no later than 6:00pm. After that Mom is off duty with house chores. Plan ahead or deny yourself.


All this preface leads me to yesterday. It was a trainwreck. There was not one set of tracks for us to run on. Shane had been home with us the week of Thanksgiving which was so great. Then. Bahaaaaaaa waaaaaa he had to go back.


This morning I sat in my chair and jotted down places where my life has tumbled out of control:
  • my weight
  • my heart is easily angered
  • my mouth is quick to speak
  • no routine with the boys
  • no routine for myself
  • inconsistent times with the Lord

Well, how's that for a crummy looking list?

Overwhelmed with gratitude to God for leading me to Psalm 51 things slowly began to perk up.

Cleanse me.

Blot away my iniquity.

Against you alone Lord have I sinned and done evil in your sight.

Wash me.

Create.

Create in me a pure heart.

Renew.

Renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Restore.

Restore my joy.

Sustain me.

Thank God for new days and new beginnings. And, hard as it is, we're moving back into schedules and consistent discipline on my part.

I'm going to be held accountable for how my time is spent.

Praying it honors Him today.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Isn't it great HE gives new beginnings! Enjoyed reading your words of how it is. That's what we want to hear, we are all there with you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I needed these words today! Praying for you.

Gretchen said...

I'm so glad his mercies are New Every Morning :)

Page McKelvy said...

Thanks for being so honest! I love you! I also miss you greatly. We should hang out and vent together!