Monday, November 1, 2010

Butter

Two weeks ago something unheard of happened at our house.


Butter.


We ran out.


What proper Southern Woman runs out of sweet cream butter?

Talk to me.

Am I a freak?

Thank God for good friends and my Mama.

When I was at my friend's house and she heard the drama at my house she walked straight to her fridge to get me a stick.

She knew.
I mean girl, She. Knew.

Ina without a stick of butter is like a sky without a sun.

Then when my Mama heard I was fresh out of butter she went straight to the Kroger and bought me 3 boxes of Sweet Cream Butter.


That's 12 sticks for the lay folk.


Now ya'll can all carry on because the sun has been placed back in the sky.

1 comment:

Paige said...

oh oh oh - do you have a kitchenaid stand mixer?

if so, i just read a tutorial/recipe this morning on how to make your own butter! no kidding. i'm gonna do it and blog about it.