Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Working On The Surprise...

There is good news and bad news.

The bad news is you don't build a moment or a day and then you are done.

The bad news is also the good news because when you have a day when the building process is non-existent there is always the next moment and there is always tomorrow.

The New Year is a natural time to evaluate the rhythm of our days but I'm a thinker and I tend to live in evaluation mode.  For Christmas, I got the book, 10 Gifts Of Wisdom.  Normally I would have a book like this finished in a couple of days, but this one is different.  I've been stuck on Chapter One for nearly two weeks because it has been so thought provoking for me.

This morning I read the words...A wise woman builds her house.

There are a whole lot of other verses that follow that one but I got stuck there.

I just keep thinking about how easy it is to be a grumbler and complainer.  About how easy it is to give full vent to your anger and to harbor bitterness.  Not on Sunday morning, of course, but in all the in between times where real life lives.

Chapter One talks about passing on the Gift Of Faith.  Last night after the kids were in bed we were sitting in the living room enjoying the quiet and talking about things.  Sometimes I wander what real life looks like in your house.  Not the you I see on Sunday morning when you are at your best, but the you on Monday night when you're whipped.

I get curious about what you are building in your home.  As I evaluate what I am building, sometimes I wander about you too.  This should be pathetically obvious, but it is only in the last couple of years that I realized going to church as a family and slapping a family devotional on the end of the day probably isn't enough to pass on a solid legacy of faith.

It is out of these kind of thoughts that I've decided to move my blog to another location and a more narrowed focus.  It has been in the making for almost two years, and after a few finishing touches it will be ready.  The focus will be on building our homes.  Faith, food, family, raising kiddos, opening our homes to share life with others, and maybe even some fashion tips.  (I've been wearing the same pair of jeans for almost 8 months, so I'm a credible source-ha!)

(Proverbs 14)

No comments: