Thursday, January 23, 2014

Brain Power Break

This morning I've been finishing up lesson plans for the rest of the year.

Whew.

My hands and brain are tired.  That is 12 weeks of planning.  Times 2.  No wander my head hurts.

It's a great feeling to be getting things in order though.  It is hard to believe that in 6 weeks or less we'll have a baby at the house.  I am a little anxious to see what it is going to be like going back to the baby phase.

You'd think since this is my 4th go round I'd remember everything, but I do not remember anything.  Well, except for being reeeeeeaaaaallllly tired at first.

I'm going ahead and finishing up lesson plans now, so I don't have to use brain power to figure out where we are later.  I am thinking we'll keep on chugging right along doing school, except for the few days while I'm in the hospital.

Hopefully between the two of us, we can keep the lessons handed out and finish at the end of April on track.  Yesterday we made a huge library run.  We have the best library!  I go online to check out my books, and when I get to the library, I just go to the front desk and they are there waiting on me.  Such a helpful service that I love taking advantage of.  That is phase one of library day.  Phase two is not loosing 25 books and getting them back on time.

We'll have to make one more big library run before the baby and when we finish up that round of books, we'll be looking summer in the face. 

In other news, I've been looking through the pantry and freezer writing down what meals I can make out of what we have on hand.  We're going to be eating out of the pantry, freezer and fridge for the next 8 days.  Joy of joys.  Not really my favorite thing to do, but definitely worth it to keep things cleaned out so everything is up to date.

Huh.

It kind of sounds like I am nesting.

Chirp chirp.

Oh, and this is a big deal.  Yesterday, I made red beans and rice in the crockpot and it turned out great.  Used a bag of dried red beans and everything.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

6 weeks!!! I had no idea you were so close to meeting your little wee one!! So excited for y'all and SO impressed for the tenacity to power on through school. Good job, momma.