Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Dinner

This week we helped host our 7th Annual Youth & Family Christmas Dinner.  It is an evening where the youth and their families come to sit and enjoy a 3 course candle-lit dinner and a time of worship with the youth worship band.

 
The Menu
Fresh Spring Mix Salad
Smoked Turkey
Pineapple & Sugar Glazed Ham
Twice Baked Potatoes
Bacon Green Beans
Dinner Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Brownies
Apple Crumble
Coffee
Tea
Hot Cocoa
 

We have such a ball working and putting this dinner on every year.  Granted, we can barely move the next day because we're so tired from three days of preparing for a 250 person dinner party, but it is tons of fun!  Some things just signal that Christmas is near.  It starts with filling Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.  Then, this dinner.  Next,  a couple fun filled days of shopping for family and friends.  The wrapping part of gift giving is the part that causes me great angst each year.  My mom and sister wrap gifts that would make Martha Stewart cry with pride.  Then I roll up with my gangsta gifts bags and pitifully wrapped Scotch tape jobs.  I'm trying though, I really am.

I am behind this year in my shopping.  We had ice last weekend and today I tried again but it started sleeting on me and I got tired and had to call it quits.  We are, however, sticking with our Advent book, Jotham's Journey.  Our evenings have been Christ centered and sweet.


And last but not least, my favorite song of the season this year!  Hugs, Bugs


No comments: