Saturday, June 2, 2012

Star-struck



Last night I saw Kris Allen at the grocery store.

I was totally star-struck.  He and his wife were looking at steaks.  I tried to act natural.  He didn't recognize me.  Weird, huh?

Granted, I had on a plaid ball cap, not a stitch of make-up or jewelry and we've never met, but still.

It was cool seeing a famous person at the store at 5:30pm on a Friday night.  Wanna know the funny thing?

After I got my groceries loaded, I caught a glimpse of myself in the car reflection and died.  Earlier that day I had gotten a new necklace in the mail that I'd ordered.  A fancy necklace.  I put it on to see what it looked like (ya know, with my hot pink t-shirt, denim shorts and Old Navy flip-flops).  Aaaaand, I FORGOT to take it off.

Yeeeeeep, I wore my fancy necklace with my bum-out clothes to go grocery shopping, ran into Kris Allen, and never even knew I was blinging till it as time to go home.

No comments: