Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cleaning a microwave

Cleaning your microwave tutorial:
  1. Fill a coffee mug half way with water.
  2. Put in in the microwave for 5 minutes.  It will create steam and the microwave will wipe clean very easily.
  3. Take the glass bottom tray out and wash it.  Wipe the inside out.
  4. Shine the front.
  5. This only takes about 8 minutes from start to finish.  Now don't forget to cover your food when you heat it to prevent splatters in the first place.  Or you can buy a round, plastic cover to place on top of dishes.  Ours stays in the microwave at all times.  Under $5 at Wal-Mart.



Today it would be a great idea to give your kitchen floor a good mopping.  These pictures are from last week when I only had about 15 minutes from start to finish.  I chose two things I could quickly do and it made my Kitchen shine.  A clean floor and clean microwave.


                                              


You know what else I've been up to?  Throwing clothes away (aka getting ready to Consign and put the rest in a yard sale).  100 things to be exact.  100 empty hangers.  Do you think you could top that?  My clothes and the little boys.  Do you ever reach the point where you are just disgusted at the amount of clothing on the rack when you go to get dressed?  Things are not easily found.  Hangers and clothes are packed tightly in the space.
I love my clothing organization in my closets. It is not a color coded system.  I organize by type.  Here are examples in my closet of my groupings.

  1. Camisoles and tank tops
  2. Nice T-Shirts
  3. Nice long sleeve shirts
  4. Casual T-Shirts
  5. Casual long sleeve t-shirts and sweat shirts
  6. Dress Shirts (for work and church)
  7. Pants/Capris/Leggings
  8. Dresses
This is nice because take today for example,  it is fuh-reezing.  I need long pants and a long shirt.  Tomorrow however it may be exotically hot and I may need a cute short sleeve shirt.  Very easy and quick to put an outfit together.

I hope you are taking care of your home and getting things cleaned, thrown away and put away.  Spring is just around the corner.  Daylight savings is SUNDAY thankyoudearLORD!  Work hard and enjoy the fruit of your labor-a home that can breathe!

No comments: