Thursday, February 13, 2014

Late Nights and Good Memories

My little crew have all come down with colds. May I just say that having "the common cold" leaves you feeling like death? It seems like a simple enough plague to come down with.  No prescription required and people don't run from you when they hear you've got one.  Well, I think it is sheer torture.  I have officially decided that I absolutely hate the way I feel when I have a cold.  It is a terrible feeling to not be able to breathe through my nose.


As disgusting as I think nose spray is, I had finally had it and broke down and got something to help me breathe.  The boys won't have anything to do with it, but it has helped me a lot.  There is a 3 day limit before you become an addict, so I only have one more night of enjoying the benefits of being able to breathe via this remedy.  We've been making the most of it.  I've come up with a little concoction that helps us feel better.

  • hot shower to breathe in the steam
  • Vapor Rub on neck and chest when you get out
  • nasal spray (gross, I know)
  • Sudaphed to help with congestion
  • Tylenol
  • good Kleenex with lotion
  • lots of ice water
  • sleep as much as you can
  • sleep with a humidifier (we are using the Vapo Steam and it fills the air and makes you feel so much better both while you sleep and when you wake up)
  • lots of extra snuggles  (we made the kids a pallet on our bedroom floor and we are all camping out in our room at night, sharing the humidifier)
Between staying up late watching the Olympics and camping out together in our room, we've been making some good memories.  I am reading the boys Amy Carmichael while we're all piled in our little campout room at night.  There is nothing like going on a journey together as a family to take a peek into the life of a faith filled person.


    As much as I would never wish to have a crew with colds, I will say that we've been having some sweet family time because of it.  There are many things I love about the homeschooling lifestyle and staying up late sharing life as a family is at the top of the list.  We are treasuring these last days before our little baby comes.  I can't sleep a wink at night and it's cool.  I'm so excited about what is around the corner I can't stand it!
    Yesterday we graduated from the high risk doctor.  We don't have any guarantees that our little one will be perfectly healthy, but I have so much peace that she has been formed just as she should.  She weighs 6 pounds and has hair!  This makes me so excited!

    I am having to stay off my feet due to high blood pressure.  It's not bad at all.  We've been doing school from the couch and my bed and my hubby has been all hands on deck. 

    The only other thing I wanted to talk to you about was my favorite costumes and skaters.  I love Gracie Gold and Meryl Davis and Charlie White.


    I adored this performance so much.  She is gorgeous and the song selection from My Fair Lady was perfect.


    When I make my Olympic Ice Skating debut, my dress will be elegant like Meryl's.  Flowy, graceful, sequined, and in an ice blue color since I think that looks best against the backdrop of white ice.

No comments: