Saturday, February 1, 2014

A few food related things

As you know this is a big food week.  You know, with the Super Bowl and everything.  I was prepared for tomorrow.  Chili with all the fixin's for lunch, naps, and game time.  I'm making Buffalo Ranch Dip with Frito Scoops and quesadillas for our potluck heavy appetizer party.  What I wasn't ready for, however, was the wintry mix on the radar.

I take snow/ice very seriously when it comes to food.  I'm the girl you make fun of and I'm at peace with it.  It's just that you can't be snowed in without some seriously good food to eat.  This is how I keep my figure as you probably already figured out.

I take snow days so seriously that I'd be willing to dawn the drizzling rain on a Saturday night with all my boys with me while wearing not a stitch of make-up and showing all kinds of evidence of spending a lazy Saturday at home.  This would not be a big deal except for the fact that everyone in my town was also at Kroger.

It mattered not.  The fridge had to be stocked with the good stuff.  Here is a short line up of the weeks food offerings.  French dip sandwiches, chicken soft tacos, beef stew, and taco soup.  We also have the fixin's for Rice Krispy Treats and Hershey's Championship Chocolate Chip Bars.

We made a marathon trip through the store, scoring a week's worth of groceries in under 30 minutes AND I didn't run into anybody!  We picked up Pizza Hut on the way home and are ready for the weather.  Bring it!


My teacher friends hate me for wishing it, but I'd be so happy if we got snowed in at least one day.  Last year we totally got the shaft on snow days and this year we have only had one measly ice day.  Psh.  I need real snow! Is that too much to ask?

What are your favorite snow day foods?

No comments: