Monday, August 29, 2011

Family Routine

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Pr. 16:3

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Pr 16:9

"The purposes of a man's heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out." Pr.20:5, Lord, give me unusual insight into my children's lives.

"A prudent wife is from the LORD." Pr. 19:14-prudent means wise in practical affairs, careful in providing for the future.

"The plans of the diligent lead to profit, as surely as haste leads to poverty." Pr. 21:5

"The sluggard's craving will be the death of him, because his hands refuse to work.  All day long he craves for more, but the righteous give without sparing."  Pr. 21:25-26

"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures."  Pr.24:3-4

" I went past the field of the sluggard, past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgement; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins.  I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw; A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest-and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man." Pr. 24:30-34

School is back in full swing.  Schedules and places to be.  If you are like me, your heart is to create an atmosphere in your home that is peaceful and non-chaotic.  You want a place of beauty and rest, good food, and time where you can relax and spend time quality time building relationship.  Here's where the road my come to a Y-if you are like me following a routine and schedule does not come naturally.  The details drain you and take lots of effort and work.  If you are like you, the non-me version of you, it is a piece of cake!  A schedule energizes you and is more exciting than the sound of the ice cream truck on a hot summer's day!

There's is a fascinating thing that I've seen occur in my home.  Even though I stay home with my boys during the day, my head can hit the pillow at night and I will realize that we did not have one meaningful conversation during the day.  Where did the time go?  It flew out of my hands without me evening knowing it.

Along with that is the constant struggle managing it all.  Wanting to have relationship, keep my home in order, and the list could go on quite awhile as we all fill in the blanks.......................

We are in the process of tweaking our routines.

There's a saying that says,
 "If you aim for nothing you'll hit it every time".

When thinking about your days and how you spend your time you can see how those words ring so true.

Proverbs 15:22 says that plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

Over the next days I'm going to be talking about managing your home.

The heart of these talks is going to be creating spaces in our hearts, homes and schedules where we can bring God glory. 

In the Old Testament, a message God was continually relaying to His people was to
Plan Ahead or Deny Yourselves.

I'll be remembering these words as I finish my last day of hiatus!

My alarm will be ringing at 6:00ish, no, shame on me!  My alarm will be ringing at 6:00am in the morning to start my routine.

6:00am              shower
6:10-7:15          read my Bible, drink my cream with a splash of coffee
7:15-7:30          apply smokey eye and create big Texas hair
8:00                  school bell rings
8:00                  my morning routines begin after the boys get going on school-I'll give you a hint...



No comments: