Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Backed Up

Not me silly, my random pile of laundry that has been laying on my floor for two weeks that doesn't really fit any one load category.

My paperwork mounding on my desk.

My dishes.

How does my dish routine get off? We run a load every single night, rain or shine, half full or all the way full. Today I'm running two full loads because enough is enough.

The rebel in me took over as I walked past the laundry room nearly killing myself over primary colored giant Lego's. Was it my near death experience that caused the sudden sense of liberty? I do not know. All I do know is that while we speak I have tablecloths, darks, whites, socks, dish towels and I'm not sure what else piled in my washing machine and the floor is perfectly empty.

How do you like me now?

So last night we went on a bike ride/scooter ride/stroll. My middle son starts into the street and my oldest yells, "GET OUT OF THE STREET OR YOU WILL DIE!"

Have I been dramatic? OK Good, I didn't think so either but I wanted to double check with you.

(for the family that likes kid stories and everyone else who is too curious now to stop reading):
Last night me and my oldest went shopping to get the kiddo a pair of shoes that fit. He let me carry him into the store with his arms wrapped tightly around my neck. He had sprayed his Dad's cologne on his shirt and smelled so sweet. He asked if he would get a box for his new shoes. He requested the pair that made him run the fastest. He was precious. After, we went to Sonic and sat at a picnic table. We had chocolate shakes, burgers, corn dogs and fries.

4 comments:

Becke' said...

whew, glad you aren't backed up...especially after the burgers, chocolate shakes, corndogs and fries.

Amanda said...

Anna, I have recently stumbled into a new dishes routine that keeps my dishes up and my counters and sink EMPTY.

I put them in the dishwasher right after the snack/meal and it takes like 5 minutes to wipe everything down. Seriously, it has saved my life. I would have hired a maid by now otherwise since I am running on 35% energy with these bebes in my belly. Try it out and see if it helps you. I think Flylady would be proud of me. :)

Karen said...

I read it all! But, saved the misty eyes for the last paragraph. So precious! You enjoy those moments. Mine are too big to tote and one buys his own shoes now. Thanks for sharing your house and heart. :-)

icthus21 said...

You can still carry your oldest???