Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Filled

"The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied." Proverbs 13:4

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." Proverbs 14:23

I've been feeling empty lately.

When it comes to being a good manager of my time, I've been failing.

I want my days to look and feel different and yet every day I repeat the same unfruitful patterns.

Staying up too late, sleeping too late.

Not feeling productive during the daylight hours.

My time reading the Bible has been mundane and unexciting.

The last statement is what has the red flag going up in my heart.

For the last 5 years I've experienced a new realm of joy and excitement in my Bible reading.

I know what has been different lately.

I am tired.

I'm tired because I haven't been managing my time good.

Sure we've had some sickness and I'd really like to use that as an excuse but the reality is I've not been doing what I need to be doing.

I'm happy that today is a brand spankin' new day.

I'm asking God to enable me to be disciplined today.

I talked to my husband and we are setting up boundaries.

Boundaries for computer time, sleep time, getting housework done.

"A heart at peace gives life to the body!" Prov 14

4 comments:

Becke' said...

Gosh I hate days like today. We should go get some chocolate cake. And coffee. Does that sound like a good introduction to discipline or what? Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love me some Becke' now....chocolate cake 'n' coffee. You know - heart healers!! yeah baby as the Little One says!

Loyd & I talk about this very thing sometimes. How easy it is to turn on the TV, pick up a novel, anything to keep us distracted.

God knew that we would have to press forward. To really give effort to stay focused. And it's not easy, at least not for some of us. I get lazy and tired and selfish. He patiently waits.

But how wonderful are His mercies that are new every morning. A new breath, a new chance. A renewed life.

I'm proud of you, Sweetest One.

Love You so much,
Y'Mama

(now about that chocolate.....)

Jenny said...

I've been there!! That's why I kicked off the Intentional Parenting plan at the Wallace house;) A girl whose blog I read uses this statement to prioritize where she spends her time...
"When I am 80 will I be glad I ....?"
watched Survivor.. no
read to the boys... yes
read the word... yes
spent time with my husband... yes
played bejeweled blitz... yes.. oh wait a minute ;0)

Gretchen said...

How did you read my mind??

I'm right there with ya, girl. Up too late, sleeping too late, dry in the Word. Let's be filled up with Him, together. Hugs!!!