Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Soft Plans


Shane went back to work today.

I had some soft plans to be productive but they got scratched mid-morning when the boys asked me to watch America's Funniest Home Videos with them.  Since I was still in my new purple fuzzy pj's it seemed like the right thing to do.

One thing led to another and we ended up at the table with shortbread cookies and hot cocoa while we waited on our DiGiornio to cook.

Now it's nearly nap time and the boys are playing while I write.

I have already had 2 Sonic Happy Hours this year and I had dessert yesterday.  How do you like me now?

My 6 year old found an old bridesmaid dress hanging in my closet last night.  MOM!  I've found the most BEAUTIFUL DRESS for you!  Do you wanna wear it to my basketball practice tonight?! 

Over the holidays, I dusted off my aprons, pots and pans and started cooking again.  Pinterest is the place to go for good recipe ideas.  I'll be sharing my latest and greatest with you over the next weeks.  Don't forget to check out the Trainwreck recipe from yesterday.

We've been on a more beans kick with our boys.  One day last year, for no apparent reason and out of nowhere, as we were driving home from church one Sunday I just declared it loud and proud, "Boys, we're going to start eating more beans around our house, learn to like em', OK?"

Now only one member of the fam throws down when he sees the beanage on the plate, but he's learning.

If you like to talk housekeeping, decorating, and eating stick around the next few weeks because that's what we'll be talking about around here.

No comments: