Monday, September 12, 2011

Football Froo Froo Style

Typically.

My Friday night football experience consists of:
  • Nachos with jalapenos 
  • Watching the half time show
  • Socializing
  • Checking out the fall fashion forecast
  • Cheering wildly when everyone else does in an attempt to feel a part even though I have no earthly idea what is going on out there on the field
  • Enjoying seeing the blue and green field, it's so colorful and pretty
  • Watching my husband yell at the field and predict the next song the band will play
This week however:
  • There were 2 touchdowns in the last couple minutes and I saw them both with my own green eyes
  • That was so stinkin fun.  So, these guys were running, running, running and they scored.  I liken it to the feeling of scoring a sale at Steinmart-very memorable.
  • Now I feel like a football expert because I saw a play that I understood
  • At the end of the game, my husband picked me up, gave me a small bleacher spin in the air cheering, "We did it we did it!"  He won the game while enjoying a popcorn and Dr. Pepper.
Now let's talk about hosting a football party at your house.  My friend did this last week and it sounded like the greatest idea.  Here's what you need to host a great football party.
  • Invite your friends and their family over
  • Get some great food together.  Let people join in on the fun by bringing their favorite football food.
  • Play the game
  • Burn good candles-my current favorite is Leaves from Bath and Body Works (you must try it!)
Aaaaannnnd, yep, I think that pretty much covers it.  (now shhh, just between me and you, if you want to have the ladyfolk bring decorating magazines so you can sit at the kitchen table drinking coffee and talking all things burlap, gingham and fall i would not judge you one iota.)

As for great football food, well, my friend grilled hot dogs and had homemade chili and cheese dip to go along with it.  Lots of other dips as well.  I love a 7 layer Mexican dip, a homemade ranch dip, chips and fresh veggies.  That's all I've got for today but seriously, go get a Leaves candle.  It is sheer joy in a jar.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh you are your mother's daughter. Helps me to know I'm not alone.

First downs, thirds in tens, drop backs, hatch backs and pitchforks....i dunno what all that means, but i'll sure yell and clap and cheer along with evreyone else - HoooHooo Go Team!!! (Is it shameful to like a team because their outfits are pretty????)

But even I understand TOUCHDOWN!!!

....it is SO stinkin fun to hunker down under the blanket and watch those games - especially with good snacks and good friends and family. It just screams fall is on the way and THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING!!! f.u.n.

Love Ya Sweetie,

Y'Mama

Georgia said...

I LOVE the Leaves smell, too!! I guess I have to get back out to BBW since the scent is back!