Monday, May 30, 2011

Chick-fil-A



We've been out of town visiting our family. We left after lunch yesterday to head back home after a great time. It was nearly 6:00pm and the boys were getting hungry.

Hmmm. What to do for dinner?

DING DING DING! Let's get a nugget tray from Chick-fil-A! We're going to play in the yard anyway when we get home. We can set out nuggets, play, and have enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

"Honey, would you try to wrangle your phone from our resident 3 year old Angry Bird/Cut The Rope playin' child to look up the number and call it in?"

"Sure" he says.

As he dials, I provide the background music.

"Kids, get in the van so we can go there today. But there store is closed oh I know, cause it's Sun-day-ay-ay-ayyyyyyy....."

(husband interrupts riveting performance) "Uh, Honey?"

"Yes?"

"Today is Sunday."

(singing in mad voice)"CHICK-FIL-A, WHAT A DIRTY ROTTEN TRICK TO PLAY. NOW I HAVE TO SETTLE FOR SUBWAY...."

Would you believe yesterday was SUNDAY?

My dreams of nuggets were dashed right there on the road next to the Armadillo lyin' on the road.

I can't say which came first...my addiction to the Chick-fil-A sauce or the nugget. All I know is the quick hot dog dinner I whipped up when we got home was a little bittersweet.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ha!! So sorry you didn't get your Chick-a on yesterday. But guess what? It's not Sunday anymore!!