Thursday, July 17, 2014

Therapeutic


We have had a very full week of early mornings and full days.  Tonight I surveyed the damage on the home front.  Being gone this week had taken a toll on my house.  The piles were getting bigger everywhere I turned.

As I fed the baby I began formulating a plan.  Put the kids to bed, light a candle and spend an hour fluffing the place.  And that is exactly what I did.  I lit my candle and went room to room fluffing and putting things away so that each room made me smile again.

Sometimes I listen to music while I work and sometimes I don't.  Tonight I preferred the quiet.  The dryer and dishwasher were both humming away in the background and it was peaceful to work and get things put away without any extra noise.  After about 45 minutes the order was restored.

The coffee pot is set to go off at 6:30 and I'll be able to wake up to a peaceful home.

Today on Pinterest I pinned something on several of my boards.

Progress, not perfection

I love those words.  They remind me that a little bit of effort can go a long way.

So tonight I spent a little time showing the house a little TLC and it feels good.

No comments: