Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sing More

Right now I have a lot of friends going through hard times.

They are waiting on test results and receiving diagnoses that require treatment.

Waiting on adoptions to finalize.

Dealing with chronic pain and loss of loved ones.

Stressful jobs.  Uncertainty on how the next bill is going to be paid.

As I begin to pray I feel overwhelmed.  This morning I sat in front of my big fan that helps my nails to dry and I started to pray.  Where do I even begin?  I sat there at somewhat of a loss for words as my Cajun Shrimp was drying and the baby lay sleeping in her pack n play to my left.

Who do I pray for first and what do I ask on their behalf?

I want to bake every single friend going through hard times a pan of chicken enchiladas or take them to the restaurant down the street and share an order of steak fajitas to try to make it better.

Mexican food is a good beginning at making things better.

Feeble attempts of a mute prayer make things better thanks to the work of the Holy Spirit on our behalf.

And singing makes things better.

Scripture is full of exhortations to sing.  When you are happy and when you are sad.

So that's what I'm doing today.  In my heart and out loud.  I am going to sing songs of praise and prayer over my hurting friends.  I've called out their names already, and will continue to do so, and I will sing songs on their behalf today.

Colossians 3:16
James 5:13
Ephesians 5:19

"I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also; I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also." I Corinthians 14:15

No comments: