Monday, April 7, 2014

Full Swing

It was 1:30 this afternoon when I was finally able to grab a slice of cold pizza and eat. 

Life is in full swing today and I've been running since my feet hit the floor.

We have a puny newborn that has been getting extra TLC.  Saturday she and I went shopping.  We had been in an accessorizing emergency because she did not have any casual wear bows.  We got that huge problem fixed, thank heavens.

When we got home from shopping the pizza was ready and Shane said he wanted to hold her so I could eat a hot dinner.  She was crying, so I went and grabbed a 2oz bottle of formula we had been given at the hospital when she was born and we gave it to her.

A little over an hour later she started getting very sick.  She got sick about 6 times in a row and then got very sleepy.  The next morning she woke up with a fever and dry diaper.  She wasn't eating or using the bathroom so we ended up at the ER.  They concluded she had a bad reaction to the formula.  She is still running a low grade fever so she has been nestled in my arms all day.  The Moby wrap has been the best thing that ever happened to me.  After her bath I put her in a little white onesie and nestled her into the wrap.  She is sleeping so snugly next to me and that fuzzy little head is easily accessible for me to keep kissing.

My oldest son has standardized testing this week so we are doing practice tests to get him familiar with the format.

We've also had some opportunities for heart training today.  I've said it before, but the Child Training Bible is something every parent should have.  It takes time to sit with a child and talk through wrong behavior but it is so worth it.

I looked in the mirror and noticed the huge bags and circles under my eyes.  I am worn out.  My heart is full but my body is tired.  Life is in a transition time right now and it is showing on my face.

My Bible is opened to Isaiah 41 today and every time I get a chance to sit with the baby I am reading truths from the pages. 

Today is definitely one of the full kinds of days.  At the recommendation of a friend I am using my crock-pot as much as possible these days.  Our French dip sandwich fixin's are cooking away and smelling oh so good.

No comments: