The fridge is empty. Cupboards bare. You like that, the Little House On The Prairie-ish reference to the cupboards?
So this morning I sit down to plan a menu so I can go to the Kroger. As I am dreaming about food to grill because hey, it is Memorial Oven, I mean weekend, and everyone knows you have to grill, put up the pool and plant the pink wave petunias.
So I head over to my computer to see what kind of meat is on sale this week. I am vacillating between grilling chicken, burgers and dogs, or some kind of other something delish. It is going to be a quick Internet trip. Check Kroger ad, get off, be productive, etc etc etc...
Naturally the first thing I do when I log in is to check and see if any online houses have popped up in the last 12 hours since my browsing session ended last night because my computer ran out of battery and I was too lazy to go get the cord.
That led to creeping on Shane's FB page which led to checking a blog or two which led to checking my email which led to, well, you get the point. Here I am forty five minutes later. Log off, sit down, pick up my empty grocery list and say, dadgumit, I never even got around to seeing what is on sale at the Kroger this week.
Because you are special to me I wanted to share what may interest you and your grill this weekend.
- Sanderson Farm drums or thighs
- Ground beef, although I have a strict chuck, round, or sirloin policy. Don't you just hate meat snobs?
- Pork Picnic shoulder roast...hmmm, Pioneer Women can help us with that cut
- Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce is on sale. If you've never tried it, trust me, you'll never buy the Kraft mockery again
- Folding camper chairs are $7.99. I really do love these things. Do not try to grill these though. There is not enough Sweet Baby Ray's in the world to make them palatable.
- Sanderson Farms split chicken breasts are a great price.
- And that last, but not least. The one that made me gasp out loud. I am serious. Blackberries and blueberries are under $3. God Bless America.