Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Table

It was 5:00pm when I locked the door behind me and settled into my big old room.  I was completely lost.  I walked around wandering what to do!  No one to look after, it was a strange and glorious feeling.

After unpacking my bags and ironing my wrinkled clothes (get that out of the way first!) I lit my Beach Day candle and grabbed the room service menu.  It is the second time I've ever ordered room service and can I just say it was super fun.


For the next 5 hours I feasted on good food, the Word and some good prayer time.  It was heaven on earth and I enjoyed every single minute of it. 

Between the Bacon Cheeseburger and Carrot Cake I decided to try out the Crabtree & Evelyn bath products which smelled amazing. Comfy in my strawberry gown Mamaw gave me, hair pulled and pinned back to dry, I was having a jolly ol' time.  I settled in for the Carrot Cake and some more church.



After a very restful night sleep I was ready to wake up and take it all in.  The next morning I slept until 10:30am.  I missed the free breakfast but who the heck cares, I slept in till after 10, that is a big score in my book.  Heh heh heh!

This is a little lounge Zondervan had set up.  It was a peaceful room with coffee and tea.  Is that not the coolest?


This is the table I sat at during most of the large group sessions and dinners.  Just gorgeous.


Every time we entered for a new large group session there was a new booklet at our place setting.

For me, She Speaks was 4 days of feasting at the table of the Lord.  I hope the Lord asks me to go back again!!!

No comments: