Friday, July 6, 2012

My New Favorite Room

Welcome to my new favorite room in the house.  It's the former playroom turned sitting room.  One question I've learned to ask when decorating is,

"What is the purpose of this room?"


This is my Bible reading, hang out with the women folk, curl up in the chair and read room. 

Below is what it looked like before we painted. 


The walls are Benjamon Moore's Hancock Green.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color.  It has the word Beach written all over it.  It is perfect.  Very calm and serene which is exactly the feel I wanted.

The Seaside Living sign is a little treasure we got from Amelia Island last Fall.  For $7.95 ThankYouVeryMuch.  It's always fun to get a little fun decor for your house to remember your trips by, while on vacation. 

Layers that tell your story hanging from the walls and sitting on the tables. 

This window was only $18 bucks.  That's a steal considering some are selling for $45.00.


And you know about my Flower Patch Farmgirl Calender.  Well, I just love it to pieces.


A little night shot.



4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, it is beautiful!! I absolutely love the wall hangings and furniture. The colors are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Your room looks great!! P.S. We had Trainwreck for dinner last night, and it was yummy. A bonus is that Madison made it! :-) Kelley T.

Valery said...

Having seen this beautiful room in person...the photos do not do it justice! : )

Trina@ Guiding The House said...

I love your room!! You did a great job making it look inviting and relaxing. The curtains give it a dream-like feel. :)