Monday, October 28, 2013

Menu Planning

My cooking hiatus is over I am sad to say, so that means today I have been menu planning.  Ever heard of it?  In January I made the best batch of Chicken & Dumplins I've ever had and today I searched for it and wanted to re-share it with you.

Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplins
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 6)
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery
2 cans chicken broth
2 T butter
seasoned salt & pepper
2 10oz cans refrigerator biscuits

Spray crock pot with Pam.  (I'm assuming your Mama taught you this but just in case here is your friendly reminder).

Put in frozen chicken.  Cover with soups, broth, butter, salt and pepper.  Liquid should cover all the chicken so add water if needed.  Cook on low 8 hours.  About an hour before you are ready to eat shred the chicken.  (I took the lid off and just used two forks to shred the chicken right in the crock pot).

Pinch of the biscuits and add them to the crockpot.  Cook until dumplins are not doughy, an hour or so.

Here is how November is shaping up so far...
(if the link is shaded blue you can click on it for the recipe! if you see another recipe you want, holler and i'll post it)
 

    The Broken Spaghetti Mini Meatball Stoup is a family tradition.  We always celebrate daylight savings time by having a candlelit dinner with the good china and our bowls are always filled with this delicious dish!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Thank you, thank you for sharing this recipe. I tried to make chicken and dumplings and we had to throw it out! I don't think I've ever had to throw a meal away. So my family will be thrilled about this tried and true recipe.