Monday, October 21, 2013

Good Report

Today we went to the high risk doctor and got a great report!

At 8 weeks my lab work came back not looking so hot.  My antibody levels were "out the roof" in the words of my doctor.  It was very discouraging!  My last two pregnancies, I have dealt with something called RH Sensitization.  That is fancy talk for my body developing antibodies that attack the babies red blood cells and create a dangerous environment for the baby.

Our last two little guys made it to full term with only a week in the NICU.  So we see a high risk doctor who monitors blood levels in the babies brain.  He can tell by the levels how anemic the baby is getting.  In the past the goal was to make it to 32 weeks before having to deliver and do a blood transfusion.  Scary stuff but both times we made it to full term, thanks to lots of prayers from family and friends.

But we went today and everything was great.  All the blood levels in the baby are well within the normal range and we are so thankful!!!  The top of the range was 35 and our little one ranked a 21 today.

It was absolutely amazing to see a healthy baby.  We have had over 10 weeks to trust in God over this.  There is still a long road ahead, but we are halfway there.

So after they weighed me (I don't want to talk about that part), she asked if I needed to empty my bladder.  Is it just me, or is that just the funniest way to ask the question?  I suppose it would be awkward if she asked if I needed to go tee tee.  Anyhoo, I've decided this week I'm going to be asking the boys to empty their bladders before we leave, just to add an extra level of awkwardness to the family dynamic.   Just trying to keep it lively around here.

The boys got to spend the night and Nana and Papa's.  Man.  They are rock stars.  The boys got to take apart a small engine, ride the Harley, eat nachos, and stay up past their bedtimes.  They are already scheming when they can go back.

After we picked them up I decided I needed to go to the grocery store.  I have no earthly idea what to be cooking these days.  I've been leaning mostly toward a gourmet fare menu of cereal for dinner, sandwiches, and Kids Eat Free around town.

Today we got some fruit, fresh veggies and ranch dip.  Tonight we're having French Toast with strawberries and tomorrow night is grilled cheese, potato chips and pickles (the good kind were on sale!).  Pickles count as vegetables right?  Yeah OK, that's what I thought too.

Other than that I've been looking around my filthy house thinking of getting on the Flylady bandwagon.  Cleaning the entire house in one sitting is completely overwhelming to me.  I am so ding dang tired all the time.  But I think even I can put in 15 minutes a day.  Don't quote me on that, but I'm willing to give it a try.  This week is Master Bedroom week and next week is Living Room week.  That means this week I'll spend 15 minutes a day cleaning/decluttering the Master Bedroom.

I might even take before and after pictures.  But don't quote me on that.  Man I'm turning into a slacker.  A food eating slacker machine.  You can quote me on that.

(Oh Lordy, keep praying for me.  I am not kidding when I tell you I just had to stop writing to break up a fight and the words, "We don't grab wieners in anger" came out of my mouth.  Maybe I am hoping Cuatro is a girl?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you, Anna!

Gretchen said...

Oh girl. You make me laugh! Pulling wieners in anger. HILARIOUS!!! Was that #3567 in the list of things I never thought would come out of my mouth? ;)

Seriously, though. It's OKAY that your house isn't clean and you aren't cooking right now. You are doing the MOST IMPORTANT job ... growing one of God's most amazing creations! Dust bunnies and clutter will never be as important as the special job He has given to you for this season of life. It's okay to let it go. You know what? It will be there when you are feeling better. I know it seems overwhelming, especially to my sweet friend who could write a book on cleaning her home... but God has given you this amazing opportunity to SAVOR letting it go. So, I challenge you, sweet friend, let. it. go. Satan is whispering lies to you and I have a feeling they have something to do with your value and all the "shoulds" tumbling around in your brain. Just last week a friend told me this quote:
"Should is the thief of JOY."

Live joyful today. Let tomorrow worry about itself. Enjoy that cereal dinner. Serve some fruit with it and it becomes a 2 course meal! ;)