Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a very nice Thanksgiving holiday.

It was a Food Network Extravaganza. My Mom made some killer cranberry sauce with Craisins, Orange Juice and Fresh Mango. My Aunt Linda made the Neely's Pumpkin Cheesecake with Cinammon Cool-Whip (fresh whipping cream, powdered sugar, Cinnamon and vanilla), and Mamaw made Pecan Pie.

We have been enjoying some leftover ham and turkey sandwiches.

I've been cleaning windows. I read a recipe for good window cleaner somewhere and it works like a charm to get hazy looking stuff of your window glass.

1 cup rubbing alcohol
1 cup water
1 TBS ammonia
spray bottle

Mix all together. (warning: if you love to smell things like me, DO NOT take a big old whiff of the ammonia. it was a painful life lesson i don't want you to have to endure)

Oh, and speaking of telemarketer's, how do they all have my new phone number? You don't even know my new number yet. This morning I was so wrong. A dish network guy called. I told him we don't watch TV. He talked about my internet service and phone servie. I said, "Sir, we are purists and don't believe in electronics." He told me he did not understand. I just snickered and hung up. Wrong of me. So wrong. But Funny.

Enjoy your clean windows.

3 comments:

Paige said...

LOL - oh, thank you for that! i so enjoyed the laugh!

Unknown said...

I just ran across your blog! Fun!

I'm trying that window cleaner!

icthus21 said...

Anna, you crack me up. send me your new number so i can call you.