Monday, August 11, 2014

The Best Kind

Mondays like today are the best kind. Nothing but wide open space on the agenda.  We all got good rest last night and are still in our pj's.


We'll have a slow day today.  Finishing up laundry, enjoying the fort built in the bedroom, reading some new library books, reading history lessons together, Dr. Phil.  OK, just kidding about that last one.

Even though I love a sunny house, this summer we've been keeping the blinds closed most of the day to keep it cooler inside.  We are using a couple of floor fans like this one...


I found this Galaxy fan at Wal-Mart for $20 and we loved it so much we got another.  I've turned the thermostat up a few degrees higher and it feels great inside.

The mix of lamps, candles, and fans whirling makes it super nice inside.

Nice enough to grab a blanket and a book and curl up on the couch for a snooze good read.

Normally I do not grocery shop on Sunday but yesterday was an exception.  I did the unthinkable.  I loaded up all four kids and braved Kroger by myself with the rest of the town.  I can assure you that won't be happening ever again.  Even today I am getting twitchy just remembering the horror of it all.  It wasn't so much the having the kids part that caused me such great angst.  It was the sheer volume of other shoppers in the mix that was more than this girl could handle.

We got the goods for burgers, quesadillas, grilled chicken salad, breakfast for dinner, and I can't remember what the other couple of meals are. 

Hee. 

Haw. 

Mee. 

Maw.

I have started writing down our meals in my planner.  It has been fun to see what we are eating.  I'm hoping my list will jog my memory when I am tempted to go on a cooking hiatus.

Well, I'm off to settle in for some history reading with the little ones.  Hope you have a fantabulous Monday.

No comments: