Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Toilet, Tub & Towel Tuesday

I'm just gonna cut to the chase. I wasn't doing diddly squat on Kitchen Tuesdays. Seeing as how I don't make my own yogurt or sprout my own grains, I finally figured out an entire day devoted to the kitchen was equaling a day off of housework for me.  Sure I had grand visions of roasting chickens, making broth, yada yada yada, but at the end of the day it was still usually me serving up Ramen noodles for lunch and a taco salad for dinner.


I've been thinking I should try Toilet, Tub and Towel Tuesdays for awhile.  But I didn't want to commit, ya know?  It's hard to get pumped about for real cleaning the bathroom on a regular basis.  I've become a big fan of the Windex the sink and toilet right before company comes method.


Today I bit the bullet.  I set the time for 30 minutes to see how long it really takes me to clean the bathrooms.  I know how long it takes me but setting the timer is exciting so I can re-remember that it doesn't take me 17 hours.  We have a pretty big master bathroom.  I'm not going to talk about what I swept up here on national television, but believe you me, it was gross.  Shower shoe worthy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
It took 20 minutes to clean the master bathroom and get it swept and mopped. We have a stand up shower in our Master Bath. The easiest way I have found to clean that shower is to clean it while I'm in there. With shampoo and a wash cloth.  It works.  The other little bath you see in the pictures, I can get that cleaned in under 10 minutes.  So, we'll see.  Toilet, Tub and Towel Tuesday may be a keeper. 

No comments: